Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Taking Turns Gracefully


      I work at the corner of a rather dangerous intersection. This particular day after getting my morning coffee, I was waiting to crossover in to my office lot. The traffic had piled up in front of me and despite a generous gap left open, the way was not clear to see any people turning the corner on the other side of the street. I sat and thought to myself, sometimes it's dangerous when you can't see the turns ahead. When you don't know what's coming at you, it can be scary! I knew it was better to wait until the light changed, the cars would file past me and I could see to cross safely. Otherwise, the risk would be too great.
       
   So how do you take turns gracefully? What happens when there's an opening in your life, but you're feeling unsure of what the risk may be to crossover?  I am reminded of one of my most favorite scriptures Proverbs 3:5  (Taken from the Message Bible)"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track." Another version states "Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take".  How marvelous. We are not alone in these turns, these decisions.  Our Heavenly Father is right there with us to instruct, prompt, lovingly lead us. 
     
   What is the key to taking your turns? TRUST in the Lord God with all your heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment